In a blog post earlier this year, we discussed why IT Consultants need professional liability insurance, such as in the case of a website glitch occurring and preventing their clients from being able to access their own data. Since this could result in severe financial loss for your clients’ customers, a lawsuit is definitely a possibility.
The good news is, it is possible to keep lawsuits at bay. Of course litigation is not entirely preventable, and all IT professionals should have an IT Professional Liability policy in place in case something should happen, but IT companies can certainly take proactive steps to reduce their risks, by adopting certain quality control practices.
Three are many ways that IT companies can tighten their quality control strategies. Below are just a few ideas.
- A/B customer websites before they go live
- Develop a prototype and get approval before developing the final product
- Obtain a customer signature at every phase of the design stage
- Use statistical process control
- To protect customers against malevolent code and other vulnerabilities related to security in the company’s services, perform regular tests prior to release or dissemination.
Solutions such as these will help IT consultants and professionals stay ahead of any claims of negligence or error. PLRisk Advisors is a leading wholesale insurance brokerage covering the professional liability market. Our team of seasoned professionals has the depth of knowledge to help our agency partners secure the best quality of coverage for their clients. We provide Professional Liability insurance for IT consultants. For more information, contact us at (855) 403-5982.